Welcome to CLUB7 BEACH RESORT an elegant and idyllic seaside resort situated on a fine sandy beach at a cute little village of Kizhunnapara 11Km away from Kannur town.
In Malabar zone Kannur is a prominent place with 3 C’s namely – Cake, Cricket and Circus to her credit. We now add her with one more C- Jewel to her crown namely CLUB7 BEACH RESORT.Club7 Beach Resort is a cozy seaside resort, a virgin beach in a silent zone, ideal destination for a relaxed stay. We have for you A/c and Non A/c Rooms with attached bathrooms. We provide Wi-Fi Internet zone etc which is requires for a modern living. We serve all types of food to our clients, typical Kerala cuisine, and fresh seafood delicacies. We cater both Veg and Non Veg.Ideal for a comfortable and quite stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city, to rejuvenate mind and body in the warm embrace of nature our’s is an idyllic seaside holiday destination.
Kannur is one among the northernmost districts in the south-western state of Kerala in India. The old name ‘Cannanore’ is the anglicized form of the Malayalam word Kannur.Kannur might have derived its name from one of the Hindu diety, Kannan (Lord Krishna) and Uur (Place) making it the place of Lord Krishna. The deity of the Kadalayi Sreekrishna temple was earlier situated in a shrine at Kadalayi Kotta in the south eastern part of the Kannur town.
Other local important places nearby Kannur
The Arrakkal Museum is a museum dedicated to the Arakkal family, the only Muslim royal family in Kerala, south India.
Parassinikadavu – The Sri Muthappan Temple is situated on the banks of the Valapattanam River, about 18 kms from Kannur in Parassinikadavu. This temple is famous for the Muthappan Theyyam ceremony which is performed every morning and evening. The Snake Park is the only one of its kind in the state and perhaps in the whole of India.
St. Angelo’s Fort or Kannur Kotta, is a fort facing the Arabian Sea, situated 3 km from the town of Kannur. St. Angelo’s Fort was built in 1505 by Dom Francisco de Almeida, the first Portuguese Viceroy of India and is on the Arabian Sea about 3 km from Kannur town.
The Payyambalam Beach is situated about 2 km from Kannur. This beach is famous for its flats laterite cliffs that jut into the sea. This long, secluded beach is a local picnic spot.
Muzhapilangad Beach is situated on the Thalassery – Kannur route and is one of the longest and cleanest beaches in the State. The black rocks protect this beach from the currents of the deep, making its shallow waters a swimmer’s paradise.
The Ezhimala is a small beautiful beach, about 53 kms from Kannur. This beach has a hillock nearby (286 m high). Carved stone pillars and an ancient burial chamber can be seen at the foot of the hills. The hills are mainly known for the rare medicinal herbs. A Naval Academy is also being developed here.
Pythal Mala is located about 65 kms. from Kannur. This enchanting hill station is situated about 4500 feet above sea level near Kerala – Karnataka border. This place is rich in flora and fauna. It is a six kilometre trek to the top of the hills.
The Moppila Bay Harbor and Arakkal Mosque are near the fort. The fort is now renovated and well-maintained under the supervision of the Archaeological Survey of India.
Gundert Bungalow – Dr. Herman Gundert, the revered German missionary, scholar and lexicographer lived in the Gundert Bungalow for 20 years from 1839.
Valapattanam – The small town on the Valapattanam river is situated about 7 kms from Kannur. This town is well known for its wood-based industries and timber trade. The port of Azhikkal and Azhikkal beach are located nearby.
Meenkunnu beach is much uncrowned, and a tourists’ paradise, with golden sand and surf.
Pazhassi Dam is an ideal retreat for tourists in Kerala. This picturesque dam is famous for its scenic beauty. The boating facilities are also available at the reservoir.
The Madayi Kavu Temple, the Vadukunnu Temple and the 12th century mosque built by Malik bin Dinar with white marble imported from Arabia, are the major attractions in Madayi Para.
Thalaserry fort, located at a distance of 22 kms from Kannur constructed in 1708 AD was the military centre of the British.
The famous St.John’s Anglican Church is behind this fort. The fort was once the nucleus of Thalaserry’s development.